Join a team that makes a difference
Community Care Options has a proud 17 year record of providing case management and direct services to older people, people with a disability, people with Dementia and their carers, living in the Coffs Harbour, Bellingen and Nambucca areas. Our services focus on the empowerment, dignity and independence of our clients and their support network. With over 80 employees, the Organisation provides services to more than 230 people through a range of programs, and operates out of 3 local offices. For more information about the organisation see www.cco.net.au
We have current casual vacancies for Locum Case Managers.
Professionals and final year university students are invited to apply to join our casual register of staff. These positions suit people who want flexible work arrangements, in a well-respected and professional organisation. Locum appointments are available on a casual and project basis. Successful applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to our values, and will be rewarded with a supportive work environment, ongoing professional development. These positions are paid under Cat 3 of the SACS (NSW State) Award.
Applicants must address all selection criteria outlined below. For a confidential discussion about the positions, contact Nicole Jut on (02) 66502006. Applications to email@example.com or by mail to: The Human Resources Manager, Community Care Options, P.O. Box 1382 Coffs Harbour 2450.
Applications are accepted at any time, however we have immediate vacancies and so applicants are encouraged to submit their application at the earliest opportunity.
Our Programs are funded by the Australian and NSW Governments.
We are proud to be an EEO Employer.
MID NORTH COAST Community Care Options
~ Respect and value people as individuals
~ Strive to improve the quality of life of clients and carers
~ Are guided by an ethical framework
~ Operate in a professional way
~ Encourage creativity & initiative
Selection Criteria – Locum Case Manager
1. Sensitivity towards people with disabilities, older people and their carers
2. Commitment to the rights of clients
3. Non-judgemental attitude
4. Degree in a people centred discipline or equivalent experience
5. Providing case management for people with complex needs
6. Assessing clients’ service needs
7. Understanding of, and commitment to EEO, OH&S and anti discrimination
8. Record keeping/report writing
9. Financial Management in a work context
10. Work effectively as part of a team
11. Work with minimum supervision
12. Excellent written and verbal communication
13. Confident computer user
14. Current unrestricted NSW Driver's license