Coordinator Accommodation Services (Ref CRD OP)
Salary: Up to SACS Grade IV (depending on skills, experience and qualifications)
This position oversees CHSS Outreach/Drop-In Accommodation Service. The project currently supports 16 people to live in their own homes within Coffs Harbour with flexible, person centred drop-in support. The program is delivered by an experienced and skilled staff team of 6 permanent part time staff plus casual relief staff.
People utilising support through this program range in age from 33 years through to 70 years. An initiative to better address the needs of people with disabilities as they age will be established under this program in early 2008. This will involve the establishment of an alternate accommodation framework provided through co-located units attached to 24 hour accommodation support for a small number of service users.
There is a real requirement to have a relationship and “know” the clients and families in this service to be able to anticipate their changing support needs and for the service and support to respond accordingly.
The position is full-time and operates from our main office at Garden Terrace, 9/6 Elbow Street, Coffs Harbour.
The organisation offers salary packaging and is FBT exempt.
1. Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 12th October 2007. They must be received at CHSS offices in hard copy by this deadline.
2. Applications should be addressed to:
The General Manager
Coffs Harbour Support Services Inc.
PO Box 1484
3. Applications can be remitted by mail or alternatively may be hand delivered during office hours to Coffs Harbour Support Services Reception at Garden Terrace, 9/6 Elbow Street, Coffs Harbour, NSW. Electronic and faxed applications will not be accepted.
4. Applications should include contact names and numbers of 2 referees, with at least one of these being work related.
5. Applications should detail the position reference (CRD OPT)
6. Applications must address each of the selection criteria outlined below:
ü Relevant degree or diploma (education, health, behavioural sciences, management) or a minimum of 6 years relevant work experience in community services.
ü Demonstrated understanding of the impact of disability on clients, their families, and planning of service provision.
ü Excellent communication skills – both written and oral – and the ability to use these skills in liaison and negotiation with a range of stakeholders
ü Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to complete in own time)
ü Current NSW Drivers Licence
ü Demonstrated Competence in use of MS Office, internet and email
ü Proven Financial Management skills (Proven ability to develop and manage budgets).
ü Ability to interpret financial reports (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss analyses)
ü Understanding of and commitment to Ethical Practice and Equal Employment Opportunity and OH&S
ü Knowledge of contemporary management practice and experience in provision of direct supervision.
ü Experience in successful management of disability programs and projects
ü Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
ü Knowledge and understanding of disability service system in NSW, particularly in Northern NSW
ü Knowledge and experience in administration of DADHC funded services
7. Further information on CHSS can be found on www.coffssupport.com
If you require further information after reviewing the material provided in this Information Kit, you may contact Jill Smith (Operations Manager) or John Costello (General Manager) on 02 66 511 526.
1. At least 3 working days notice will be provided to applicants selected for interview.
3. Interview will be conducted by a panel comprising at least 3 panel members.
1. Applicants who have not been short-listed for interview will be advised in writing within 21 days of the application closure date.
2. Applicants who are interviewed will be advised of the outcome of their interview within 10 working days.
1. Successful applicants will require a Federal and NSW Criminal Record Clearance. This is undertaken by CHSS at the organisation’s expense.
2. Successful applicants will be appointed subject to a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
3. Permanent employment is also subject to a satisfactory physical assessment.